We are pleased to announce that the latest version of kubit’s PhoToPlan software for AutoCAD is now available for download.
The new features include:
- Support of AutoCAD 2012 and Autodesk products based on AutoCAD 2012.
- New higher level product “PhoToPlan Ultimate”.
- Generation of Ortho Photos from orientated images. Included in the “Ultimate” variant only.
- Fit cylinder with just a few clicks in two orientated images. no need for marked points on the cylinder . Included in the “Pro” and “Ultimate” variants.
- “Flatten drawing“ – project geometry to a UCS. For delivering 2D drawings from 3D wireframe.
- “Unwrap Cylinder” – from at least one orientated image and points on the cylinder PhoToPlan will create a flat image of the surface of the cylinder. Included in the “Ultimate” variant only.
- Create UCS from the “Dual image Draw” commands. Once defined, facades may be digitised using only a single image and with fast commands for switching between parallel planes using images only, digitising of elevations has been significantly speeded up.
- Improvements to the image orientation workflow. Controlling the viewports and view is vital for fast modelling. Release 7 eases this with a number of new commands.
- Support for “Ribbons” in AutoCAD 2010 to 2012: an alternative for the classic menu and toolbars (actually takes less space than showing all toolbars)
Each of these new features will be examined in forthcoming posts.
Release 7 is provided free of charge to existing users on subscription but please remember to request your upgraded license before installation.
A free of charge trial may be downloaded here.